Read and share all the incredible benefits of Bikram Yoga for men, from the brain to the bedroom, to your partners, dads, brothers, and boyfriends! Read More ››
Introduction to Tapping (EFT)
What is Tapping (EFT)?
Emotional Freedom Technique, EFT for short, is also known as “Tapping” and is an incredibly effective, efficient, and easy method for shifting your energy fast. Are you frustrated, feeling stuck, sad, angry, upset, anxious, or nervous? With the help of an experienced guide and/or just a little practice on your own, you can shift from a negative state to a neutral or positive state in just a matter of minutes. All it takes is a willingness to honestly feel and express your emotions and give it a try.
How does Tapping Work?
EFT has you tap gently on particular spots on your body where the meridians (energy channels in the body utilized in acupuncture) anchor into the bone and at the same time honestly express, by giving voice to, the emotions you are feeling. This process allows your nervous system to release these emotions thereby creating the space for something different to fill in.
Tapping helps you to uncover the beliefs and programming that are running your subconscious mind and keeping you stuck in patterns that prevent you from living your ideal life. And just as you can clear out old programming (which must be done first) you can also instill the new and positive programming (beliefs) that will help get you where you want to go.
The Tapping Points
• Karate Chop*
• Top of Head
• Side of Eye
• Under the Eye
• Under the Nose
• Cleft of Chin
• Under the Arm
* The Karate Chop point (located on the side of the palm) is a reversal point and is most often used to set up the subsequent tapping rounds.
There is no downside or risk whatsoever to tapping. As long as you follow the basic instructions (be gentle), you can rest assured that:
• No one will get hurt by you tapping.
• Making a “mistake” won’t harm you or anyone else.
• You simply can’t do it wrong.
So, if you are struggling or suffering in any way (which indicates resistance) and you would prefer to experience something different, there is no reason not to give it a try.
1. The Annual Tapping World Summit is a free online event that that goes for 10 days and begins typically in late February featuring 20 interviews with expert Tapping practitioners and more.
Here is the link for more information: tappingworldsummit.com
2. I have had the privilege to work with the developer and host of Tapping Q & A, Gene Monterastelli, and highly recommend you take the time to explore this excellent online resource with thousands of podcasts, interviews and tap along audios for virtually any issue you can imagine. He is one of the experts being interviewed in the 2016 Tapping World Summit.
Here’s the website: tappingqanda.com
Many thanks to J. Valentine Lahey for the use of the Tapping Points illustration.