Read and share all the incredible benefits of Bikram Yoga for men, from the brain to the bedroom, to your partners, dads, brothers, and boyfriends! Read More ››
What Doctors, Scientists and Nutritionists Say About Alkaline, Ionized Kangen Water® (Part 1)
“I have examined more than 300,000 people’s stomachs and intestines for 35 years and realize that our health depends largely on our dietary life. And from my experiences I would like to teach you healthy, dietary habits to help you enjoy your life!
“It is widely recognized in the medical profession that a healthy and clean colon is one of the most important precursors to good health and that the great majority of body ailments and diseases originate in an acidic and dirty colon. Water is essential for your health. Drinking “good water;” especially hard water which has much calcium and magnesium keeps your body at an optimal alkaline pH.
“Kangen Water® is alkaline rich water (ph 8-9), and is considered the very best drinking water because of its incomparable powers of hydration, detoxification, and anti-oxidation.”
~ Dr. Hiromi Shinya, Leading Endocrinologist (see footnote, #1)
“When I first drank Kangen Water® I experienced something I had never had before, I liked it, I liked it very much. … As I investigated the product, as I investigated the concept of ionized water, as I investigated the concept of alkalization of the body cells, I became more and more convinced that this is a product that is of absolute value to all mankind. That it is a product that should be used in all households if at all possible, because it clearly is superior to any form of water than I ever encountered.
“Personally, I can testify that there is no question that my own life has been markedly enriched by the ingestion of Kangen Water®… I endorse Kangen Water® as a physician, as a surgeon, as a human being, 100%. I feel that it is of great benefit to all mankind… I can only recommend it in the highest way.”
~ Dr. Horst Filtzer, Vascular Surgeon (see footnote, #2)
“Brain inflammation can occur from many causes including: head injuries, premature birth, lack of oxygen and various infections. The resulting inflammation can provide dysfunction in the body’s ability to detoxify harmful substances. They can also exhibit mitochondria that have low energy output and high free-radical generation. Often those with brain challenges like Autism and Aspergers, drink almost no water each day, only accentuating the problems in brain functioning. In Autistics and others where brain inflammation is high, toxins can more easily cross the blood brain flooding the brain with free radicals. Kangen Water® has been providing my clients with a strong source of antioxidants and improved hydration. In our brain programs we observed that our therapeutic expectations have been significantly exceeded by adding Kangen Water® to the treatment plan.”
~ Dr. Corinne Allen, Nutritionist (see footnote, #3)
“This [alkalizing] program contains a whole new way of looking at diet and nutrition. When followed, it leads to a healthy, lean, trim body and an enhanced level of wellness, energy, and mental clarity most people have not experienced previously.
“Based on years of research and observation, we have concluded that over acidification of the body is the underlying cause of all disease. Because many people consume a diet primarily comprised of acid forming foods, (i.e. sugars, meat, dairy, yeast breads, coffee, alcohol, starches, etc.) rather than whole plant foods, they are frequently sick and tired.
“In my experience, Kangen Water® supercharges your nutritional program better than anything. Water is the key and this [Enagic® Kangen® Water] is the best water I know of. Anyone who gives it an honest try will experience it in their own health, without question!”
~ Dr. Dave Carpenter, Naturopathic Physician (see footnote, #4)
“I am a researcher. I have researched dehydration for the past 20 years. When I discovered that the solution to most of the disease conditions of our society is not a moneymaker, I decided to take my information to the public. My research revealed that unintentional dehydration produces stress, chronic pains and many degenerative diseases. Dry mouth is not the only sign of dehydration and waiting to get thirsty is wrong. Medicine has based its understanding that it is solid matter in the body that regulates all functions of the body. I have explained scientifically at the molecular level that it is water that regulates all functions of the body including functions of solid matter. 75% of our bodies are composed of water. The brain is 85% water. It is water that energizes and activates the solid matter. If you don’t take enough water, some functions of the body will suffer. Dehydration produces system disturbances. When I use the word water cure, I am referring to curing dehydration with water.”
~ Dr Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, Medical Doctor, Researcher (see footnote, #5)
Dr. Otto Warburg in his lab at the Max Planck Institute for Cell Physiology in Berlin-Dahlem. 1960s
“All normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen – a rule without exception.
“Cancerous tissues are acidic, whereas healthy tissues are alkaline.”
~ Dr. Otto Warburg, Chemist, Nobel Prize Winner (see footnote, #6)
“All disease is caused by auto-toxification (self-poisoning) due to acid accumulation in the body.
“Now we depart from health in just the proportion to which we have allowed our alkalies to be dissipated by introduction of acid forming food in too great amount… It may seem strange to say that all disease is the same thing, no matter what its myriad modes of expression, but it is verily so.
“It was said earlier that all we can do for disease is to stop creating this background of acid end-products of digestion and metabolism, and this is true, for if disease comes always and only from this acid collection, then it must be evident to anyone that the cure lies in the discontinuance of this accumulation.
“Pneumonia, erysipelas, typhoid fever, influenza, acute arthritis, colitis, hay fever, all subside when the body is fairly detoxicated and the diet so corrected as to stop this excessive formation of the acid end-products, simply because each was expressing the end-point of tolerance of toxins, and each was the means by which the body sought to unload this unwanted mass.
“If the blood develops a more acidic condition, then these excess acidic wastes have to be deposited somewhere in the body. If this unhealthy process continues year after year, these areas steadily increase in acidity and their cells begin to die. Other cells in the affected area may survive by becoming abnormal, these are called malignant. Malignant cells cannot respond to brain commands. They undergo a cellular division that is out of control. This is the beginning of cancer.”
~ Dr. William Howard Hay, Surgeon, Developer of Hay Diet (see footnote, #7)
“Modern medicine… treats these malignant cells as if they were bacteria and viruses, it uses chemotherapy, radiation and surgery to treat cancer. Yet none of these treatments will help very much if the environment of the body continues to remain acidic.
“Drinking water that has a high alkaline pH, because of its de-acidifying effect, will help in preventing cancer. In Asia, alkaline water is regularly served to patients, and is considered a regular part of treatment.”
~ Dr Keiichi Morishita, Director of the Ochanomizu Clinic in Japan and the Head of the International Natural Medicine Association (see footnote, #9)
“Just about every condition I can think of, from arthritis to diabetes to cancer, is associated with acidity. It is no coincidence that many of our modern habits such as alcohol consumption, smoking, eating sugar, and stress, all tend to increase acidity. The only parts of our body that are supposed to be acidic are the contents of the stomach, the skin, and perspiration. Virtually everything else is supposed to be at least slightly alkaline.”
~ Dr. Robert C. Atkins, Physician, Cardiologist (see footnote, #9)
1. Dr. Hiromi Shinya was born in 1935 in Fukuoka. After graduating from Juntendo Univesity, School of Medicine, he was internationally active and made a phenomenal impact as a pioneer in the field of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Dr. Hiromi Shinya is a clinical professor of surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University; head of the endoscopic center at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York, New York; and Vice-chairman of the Japanese Medical Association in the United States. He is also affiliated with both the Maeda Hospital and Hanzoo-mon Gastrointestinal Clinic in Japan. Dr. Shinya pioneered modern colonoscopic techniques, and invented the electrosurgical polypectomy snare now common on colonoscopes, allowing for removal of colon polyps without invasive surgery. He also authored of The Enzyme Factor, the English translation of his book on the relationship between enzymes and health that has sold two million copies in Japan. In his book and even on the cover Dr. Shinya extols the virtues of drinking alkaline ionized water, specifically, Kangen Water® produced only by the Enagic® devices. Dr. Shinya puts all his patients on Kangen Water® as part of his recommended diet.
2. Dr. Horst Filtzer, M.D. a Harvard Medical School graduate cum laude is a Vascular Surgeon. Horst has 35 years of active surgical practice in General and Vascular Surgery at Cambridge City Hospital in capacities as Assistant Director, Department Chairman, and Program Director He is also Director of the Wound Care Center in Western Arizona Regional Medical Center, Bullhead City, AZ.
3. Dr. Corinne Allen is an international researcher and practitioner in natural health and nutrition and has been in practice for more than 30 years. After receiving her doctorate in nutrition, Dr. Allen went on to more training in neurokinesiology and brain-stimulation techniques. She is recognized for her natural and practical approach to health regarding natural and alternative methods of stimulating permanent changes in the brain in dyslexia, ADD, autism, Asperger’s syndrome, learning disabilities, academic and behavioral issues and brain injuries. She runs the Advanced Learning & Development Institute.
4. Dr. Dave Carpenter is a member of the Idaho Association of Naturopathic Physicians. He is currently the President of the International Iridology Practitioners Association (IIPA), has served on the Board of Directors of IIPA since 1996 as Public Relations Director and Vice-President. Dr. Dave Carpenter is a Licensed Acupuncturist, Fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncturists, and an IIPA Certified Comprehensive Iridologist (CCI). He is also a member of the American Naturopathic Medical Association, the Idaho Acupuncture Association, faculty member of the Intermountain Institute of Natural Health, and a graduate of Central States College of Health Sciences as a Naturopathic Medical Doctor, and the Royal Academy of Naturopathy in Australia as a Naturopathic Doctor, a graduate of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncturists. Dr. Carpenter also holds a BS degree in Nutrition.
5. Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, M.D., an internationally renowned researcher, author and advocate of the natural healing power of water, was born in Iran in 1931. He attended Fettes College in Scotland and was a graduate of St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School of London University, where he studied under Sir Alexander Fleming, who shared the Nobel Prize for the discovery of penicillin. Dr. Batmanghelidj practiced medicine in the United Kingdom before returning to Iran where he played a key role in the development of hospitals and medical centers. His groundbreaking book, Your Body’s Many Cries for Water (1992), has been translated into 15 languages and has sold over a million copies.
6. Otto Heinrich Warburg was born on October 8, 1883, in Freiburg, Baden. His father, the physicist Emil Warburg, was President of the Physikalische Reichsanstalt, Wirklicher Geheimer Oberregierungsrat. Otto studied chemistry under the great Emil Fischer, and gained the degree, Doctor of Chemistry (Berlin), in 1906. He then studied under von Krehl and obtained the degree, Doctor of Medicine (Heidelberg), in 1911. He served in the Prussian Horse Guards during World War I. In 1918 he was appointed Professor at the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Biology, Berlin-Dahlem. Since 1931 he is Director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Cell Physiology, there, a donation of the Rockefeller Foundation to the Kaiser Wilhelm Gesellschaft, founded the previous year.
For his discovery of the nature and mode of action of the respiratory enzyme, the Nobel Prize has been awarded to him in 1931. This discovery has opened up new ways in the fields of cellular metabolism and cellular respiration. He has shown, among other things, that cancerous cells can live and develop, even in the absence of oxygen. Otto Warburg is a Foreign Member of the Royal Society, London (1934) and a member of the Academies of Berlin, Halle, Copenhagen, Rome, and India. He has gained l’Ordre pour le Mérite, the Great Cross, and the Star and Shoulder Ribbon of the Bundesrepublik. In 1965 he was made doctor honoris causa at Oxford University. Copyright © The Nobel Foundation.
7. Dr. William Howard Hay graduated from the New York University Medical College in 1891 and spent 16 years in regular medicine, specializing in surgery. He later developed Bright’s Disease, and was unable to cure it using accepted medical methods of the time. This led him to find alternative methods to rid himself of disease. He came up with the concept of food combining (also known as the Dr. Hay diet), the idea that certain foods require an acid pH environment in digestion, and other foods require an alkaline pH environment, and that both cannot take place at the same time, in the same environment. After curing himself through proper diet, he wrote several books, started a sanatorium, and lectured throughout United States and Canada.
8. Dr. Keiichi Morishita is Director of the Ochanomizu Clinic in Japan and the Head of the International Natural Medicine Association. He is also an Honorary Professor, Georgia Tbilisi State Medical University, Professor, Choson University & Graduate School, Korea, Visiting Professor, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China and Honorary Director, China Health Care Food Association & Senile-Resistant Association, Honorary Director, Non-Pharmacotherapy Treatment & Research Center, Heilongjiang Province China, and Honorary President, Guangxi Pama Institute of Longevity, China, among many others. He is the author of The Hidden Truth of Cancer 1950 Graduated from the Tokyo Medical University where he majored blood physiology. 1955 Received Ph.D. from Chiba University, the school of Medicine. 1960 Presented a basic theory of Natural Medicine for cancer treatment and longevity (Morishita Theory) 1966 Testified as a member of the academic panel at the hearing on cancer by the special Committee for Advancement of Scientific Technologies of the Japanese House of Representatives. 1970 Established the Natural Medicine Society, the Life Science Association and Ochanomizu Clinic 1977. The effectiveness of Natural Medicine was endorsed by the McGovern Report written by Senator George McGovern of the U.S.A. 1982. The validity of the theory, diet of meat produces cancer; diet of grain/vegetables prevents cancer, presented at the hearing was proven by the National Academy of Science (USA) Recommendation.
9. Dr. Robert C. Atkins, a physician and cardiologist was one of the pioneers of complementary medicine in the United States and one of the most famous, successful and enduring nutrition experts of the last 40 years. He was the founder of The Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine and Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. He also authored more than a dozen health and nutrition books, including Dr. Atkins’ New Diet Revolution, one of the 50 best-selling books of all time, and Atkins for Life, which quickly joined Dr. Atkins’ New Diet Revolution on The New York Times bestseller list.