Watch this video and let Michele Pernetta and her students in London show and tell you what you can expect from a regular practice of Bikram Yoga.
Both an all-encompassing full-body workout and mental reprieve at once…
Bikram Yoga, the original hot yoga, is your one-stop shop for health and happiness. In just 90 minutes, you’ll sweat, stretch, work your entire body, forget all your troubles, and start loving yourself!
Bikram’s copyrighted formula of 26 postures with 2 breathing exercises is done in a room heated to 105°F with 50% humidity. Every class follows a specific sequence of postures with each done twice and is designed so that everyone can do it and benefit.
This yoga works all the body’s major systems and forces them to work together: cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, lymphatic, central nervous, digestive and musculoskeletal. The class uses your body as a mechanism to train your mind and, as Bikram says, “turns your mind back into your best friend instead of your worst enemy.”
“It’s never too late, it’s never too bad, you’re never too old or too sick to start from scratch once again.”
~ Bikram Choudhury
Bikram Yoga is designed for everyone! We all have different bodies with different limitations. All the postures require just normal range of motion and all students do the same posture to the best of their ability, whatever that is. As long as you follow the instructions and do your best, you will get 100% of the benefits.
With a regular practice, you can expect to: Heal old injuries; sweat, detoxify, and lose weight; build strength, flexibility, and balance; reshape and restructure your body; alleviate back and other chronic pain; restore the body’s natural functions; develop patience, concentration, determination, self-discipline, and faith; and start loving life!
It’s simple. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions to sign yourself up. You can purchase the Introductory Special online at the same time, and the 10 days of your Introductory Special will not activate until you come in and take your first class.
Our class schedule, including the name of the teacher for each class, can also be found by following the link below. Decide which class you will attend and plan to arrive 15 or more minutes early. We keep our store and studio secure so the front door may be locked when the teacher begins class.
Please read through the New Students: Getting Started page. It has important tips to help make sure your experience in class is positive. Remember, the room is hot so be prepared to sweat!
- Join us for Happy Hour at Iguana Grill this Saturday, 8/16, after the 4:15pm class. It’s time for some socializing, relaxing, and fun with your friends at BeneFIT!
- Our dear Ruth Barnett passed on August 11th. Susan Anderson and Christian Current are hosting a memorial service on Sunday, August 24th, and you are welcome to attend. Click here for more details.
- NEW CLASS SCHEDULE starts August 25th. We’re cancelling the 5:15am B90Y True Fix on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the 4:15pm True Fix on Saturdays.
- Labor Day is FREE Day of Yoga at BeneFIT! Bring your friends, family, and foes and let them discover how good life can be! Click here for the Holiday Weekend Schedule and special schedule for Labor Day…
- Our schedule now reflects our new class names: B90Y True Fix (90 minutes, classic Bikram Yoga), B50Y Quick Fix (50 minutes, only one set of everything), B30Y Hips, B30Y Spine, B30Y Strength.
- Special Note about the B50Y Quick Fix and B30Y Special Focus class immediately following: You can take either or both classes for the price of one class. Think of the B50Y Quick Fix as the warm up for the B30Y special focus class immediately following.
The products of the coconut palm are vast and, in some parts of the tropics, one tree provides almost all that is necessary for a family to feed and support itself. We’ll be focusing on just the nutritional benefits of the water from a young coconut. The water taken directly from a young coconut has a perfectly balanced pH level and is loaded with nutrients. The water serves as a natural rehydrant as it contains natural sugars, potassium, phosphorus,... Read More ››