Watch this video and let Michele Pernetta and her students in London show and tell you what you can expect from a regular practice of Bikram Yoga.
Both an all-encompassing full-body workout and mental reprieve at once…
Bikram Yoga, the original hot yoga, is your one-stop shop for health and happiness. In just 90 minutes, you’ll sweat, stretch, work your entire body, forget all your troubles, and start loving yourself!
Bikram’s copyrighted formula of 26 postures with 2 breathing exercises is done in a room heated to 105°F with 50% humidity. Every class follows a specific sequence of postures with each done twice and is designed so that everyone can do it and benefit.
This yoga works all the body’s major systems and forces them to work together: cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, lymphatic, central nervous, digestive and musculoskeletal. The class uses your body as a mechanism to train your mind and, as Bikram says, “turns your mind back into your best friend instead of your worst enemy.”
“It’s never too late, it’s never too bad, you’re never too old or too sick to start from scratch once again.”
~ Bikram Choudhury
Bikram Yoga is designed for everyone! We all have different bodies with different limitations. All the postures require just normal range of motion and all students do the same posture to the best of their ability, whatever that is. As long as you follow the instructions and do your best, you will get 100% of the benefits.
With a regular practice, you can expect to: Heal old injuries; sweat, detoxify, and lose weight; build strength, flexibility, and balance; reshape and restructure your body; alleviate back and other chronic pain; restore the body’s natural functions; develop patience, concentration, determination, self-discipline, and faith; and start loving life!
It’s simple. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions to sign yourself up. You can purchase the Introductory Special online at the same time, and the 10 days of your Introductory Special will not activate until you come in and take your first class.
Our class schedule, including the name of the teacher for each class, can also be found by following the link below. Decide which class you will attend and plan to arrive 15 or more minutes early. We keep our store and studio secure so the front door may be locked when the teacher begins class.
Please read through the New Students: Getting Started page. It has important tips to help make sure your experience in class is positive. Remember, the room is hot so be prepared to sweat!
- Join us for BeneFIT’s next social event on Saturday, November 1st — a Costume Party at Billy Baker’s! Bring your family and friends and up your odds to win the Best Costume prize of a Free Month of Yoga. Get the details…
- USA Yoga’s 2014 Texas Regional Yoga Championships will take place on Saturday, November 8th, in Dallas. Get the details…
- The Austin showing of the not to be missed documentary about Paramahansa Yogananda, AWAKE — the Life of Yogananda, is Monday, November 17th. Get the details…
- Get ready for BeneFIT’s Holiday Challenge to help you burn off Thanksgiving before Christmas! Do 15 classes between Thanksgiving and Christmas and keep the pounds, inches, and holiday stresses away!
- Our schedule now reflects our new class names: B90Y True Fix (90 minutes, classic Bikram Yoga), B50Y Quick Fix (50 minutes, only one set of everything), B30Y Hips, B30Y Spine, B30Y Strength.
Beyond the typical benefits common to fresh fruits high in antioxidants, pineapple has an additional enzyme, bromelain, that is a natural anti-inflammatory. Bromelain contains a group of protein-digesting enzymes that are excellent for the intestinal tract and aid with digestion. The anti-inflammatory benefits make it highly effective in healing sports-related injuries, sprains and bruises as well as reducing arthritis symptoms and post-operative swelling. Pineapples are excellent sources of Vitamin C and manganese. Vitamin C keeps the immune system functioning... Read More ››